I love carbs. I always have and I always will. Often after I’ve written a Menu Monday blog post, I look back over the meals and realize how carb-heavy they look!
We do eat a lot of carbs, but I try to work fresh spinach and other green veggies in wherever I can. We eat a lot of salads that are mostly dark greens with a few other veggies on top. I put a cup of spinach in my green smoothies and try to add a green vegetable with all my work lunches.
At the end of the day, we love pasta, noodles and potatoes. And I’m okay with that. 🙂
On The Menu
- Avocado Toast
- Green Smoothies
- Leftovers with fresh veggies – I cut up carrots and broccoli at the beginning of the week. It was so nice to add those along with a smaller portion of supper leftovers! I added grape tomatoes and apple slices on different days.
- Taco Casserole over Corn Muffins
- Quick Beef Stroganoff (I used frozen meatballs instead of roast beef)/Egg Noodles/Southern Green Beans
- Alice Springs Chicken/Quick Mashed Potatoes/Tomato & Cucumber Salad
- Rotini Pasta with Spaghetti Meat Sauce/Tossed Salads
- Cheesy Chicken and Rice (I did this on the stovetop, used roasted chicken from my freezer and added steamed broccoli instead of corn – it’s a great one pot meal!)
- Roasted Potato Soup with Ham/Spinach Salad
- Date Night
I had some really good apples that weren’t getting eaten fast enough, so I made this easy apple galette. I had a homemade pie crust in the freezer that made the process even easier! Galettes are my favorite way to make fruit “pies” because they are so simple!