Even though my husband is a very picky eater, sometimes he surprises me! The last time I was at Aldi I noticed a new item in the Italian food section – Roasted Garlic Risotto. At less than $2 I thought it was worth a shot!
I’ve never made risotto from scratch but I know from watching Masterchef that it’s not something you whip up quickly, so I wondered how this “ready in 20 minutes” packet would taste. I made this risotto to go along with the pork chops and mushrooms (a dish I knew Paul liked) and was pleasantly surprised that we both really liked it!
On The Menu
- English Muffins with Peanut Butter
- Oatmeal and Blueberries
- Chicken Salad (roasted chicken + mayo + Aldi’s Everything Bagel Seasoning)
- Roasted Potato Bacon Soup/Tossed Salad
- Spaghetti with Ground Turkey/Caesar Salad
- Tuscan Sausage and White Bean Soup (I added spinach)
- Alice Springs Chicken/Birds Eye Steamfresh Roasted Red Potatoes/Peas
- Pork Chops with Mushrooms/Roasted Garlic Risotto/Southern Green Beans
- Salads with “Grilled” Balsamic Chicken Tenders
- The Best Sunday Roast Beef/Mashed Potatoes/Garlic Green Beans
Snacks and Dessert: