Now that we’re basically in summertime, I try to keep supper meals easy and light. I make a main dish, whether it’s all meat (steaks) or some kind of one-pan meal (enchiladas, meatball subs) and then use whatever fresh produce I have on hand to go with it.
That might be peaches, watermelon, cucumbers, zucchini or tomatoes – I just slice them up and serve them. Sometimes they need Ranch or a light vinaigrette dressing, but often I serve them all by themselves. It’s easy and keeps the kitchen from getting any hotter than it already is!
For last week’s menu that you see below, I can’t actually remember what sides I served with each meal. I write the main dishes in my menu plan and decide on my sides each day, based on what I have. Just know it was something fresh and delicious! 🙂
On The Menu
- Sunshine Smoothies
- Fancy Avocado Toast: Toast/Avocado/Tomato Slices/Over Easy Egg/EBTB Seasoning
- Chicken Quesadillas
- My Favorite Breakfast Casserole (I love this for lunch!)
- Cheesy Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas
- Meatball Subs: Frozen Meatballs + 5 Minute Spicy Marinara simmered in the crock pot on high for 3 hours
- Smoky Chicken Alfredo Pasta
- Del Monico Chicken Thighs/Buttered Parsley Potatoes/Peas
- Steak in the Oven/Fries/Tossed Salads
Happy Meal Planning!