I use my crock pot way more in the summer than I do the rest of the year – it’s such a great way to keep the kitchen cool! Last week I used it for two recipes:
- Meatball Subs: I cooked frozen meatballs with marinara sauce on high for 3 hours. I added cheese and served them on hot dog buns. So easy! This also keeps the stove top clean – simmering meatballs in sauce makes such a mess.
- Mashed Potatoes: I cooked my potatoes in the crock pot while I was at work! I quartered the potatoes and cooked them, covered in chicken broth, on low for 8 hours. When I got home, all I had to do was add milk, butter and mash them.
I don’t like to cook chicken in my crock pot because I think it really alters the texture of the meat. It works well for beef or pork roast, as long as I completely cover the meat with liquid while it’s cooking. My mom’s recipe for Yankee Pot Roast always turns out great in the crock pot!
Here’s the rest of the menu from last week!
On The Menu
- Banana Bread
- English Muffins with Peanut Butter
- Chicken Quesadillas
- Hot Dogs
- Pork Chops with Tomato Gravy/Mashed Potatoes/Salad
- Taco Salad
- Chicken and Dumplings/Peas/Sliced Tomatoes
- Meatball Subs/Oven Fries/Salad
- Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad
- Beef and Cheddar Hand Pies
- Date Night!
What can you make in the crock pot that will keep your kitchen cooler this summer? I would love to know what you come up with!