Living with a picky eater makes meal planning interesting. I could plan the same basic meals every week and my husband wouldn’t mind one bit – so I guess it could make meal planning really easy.
But seeing that I don’t want to eat the same things all the time, it’s tricky to find new things that we’ll both enjoy. A couple weeks ago I put some different side options in my Aldi Instacart order and they both turned out to be winners!
We tried the Four Cheese Risotto and the 90 Second Jasmine Rice, and they were both winners! One of my favorite local restaurants serves a delicious parmesan risotto and this was a good weeknight substitute. The risotto takes about 20 minutes but is very simple (like a Knorr side).
I was skeptical of the 90 second rice – but it was perfectly cooked! There are only two servings in the packet, so if you’re feeding a family you’ll need more than one. It’s not the most cost effective rice but the convenience is worth it every once and a while!
On The Menu
- Oatmeal and Berries
- Cinnamon Rolls, Eggs and Bacon
- White Chicken Chili
- Leftover BBQ Pork Sandwiches
- Easy Oven Burgers/Oven Fries/Tossed Salad
- Slow Cooker BBQ Pork Roast (I add 3 cups of chicken broth and season with onion powder, garlic powder, salt & pepper – cook on low for 8 hours, shred the meat and add BBQ sauce)/Four Cheese Risotto/Southern Green Beans
- Baked Potatoes Stuffed with leftover BBQ Pork/Tossed Salads
- BBQ Chicken Legs/Jasmine Rice/Peas
- Fish and Chips (an Aldi freezer section fail – the Fremont Beer Battered Cod wasn’t good)
- Cheesy Taco Turkey Chili Mac/Tossed Salads
Get even more recipe and menu ideas on my Recipe Index, and check out my Main Dishes Pinterest board – there’s lots more inspiration for meal planning!