It’s time for a fun weekly recap! Here we go!
1. My mom and I attended Becoming last weekend, and we had a great time together! It’s basically a women’s conference with workshops on home decor, frugal living and various DIY techniques. I enjoyed hearing from two of my all time favorite bloggers – Christy from Southern Plate and Rhoda from Southern Hospitality Blog.
You can learn more about Becoming here.
2. One of the best parts of the Becoming conference is the goodie bags! One of the goodies was this lovely infinity scarf from Cents of Style. Can one ever have too many scarves? If you don’t already shop the Fashion Friday sales from Cents of Style, you have to check it out! I love their stuff.
3. I love it when I know the answer (or I guess it’s really the question…) to a Jeopardy question and my husband doesn’t. He’s incredibly smart, so it makes me feel very validated when that happens! The answer was “this President was the first to be married to a woman not born in the United States.” The question is “Who is John Quincy Adams?” I knew this because I’ve been re-reading a book called America’s First Ladies. Reading for the win! 🙂
4. Now that my sister is a busy wife, working from home (she’s an amazing music teacher!) and living in another state, I seriously miss the time we got to spend together when she lived here. Thank goodness for Facetime! I can’t imagine how much more I would miss her without our weekly Facetime sessions!
5. And finally, I’m getting my hair cut today. I have plans to change it up a little…but I always end up styling my hair the exact same way I’ve worn it for the past who knows how long. We’ll see what happens! 🙂
If you missed any of this week’s posts, be sure to check them out below:
Have a lovely weekend!