Did you know that I have absolutely no sense of smell? Don’t worry, it’s not a result of the Coronavirus, I’ve never had a sense of smell. It definitely affects my ability to taste food. While food still tastes “good” or “bad,” I cannot distinguish flavors. So while I might be able to say I like or don’t like the way something tastes, I can’t ever tell if something is too garlicky or if a smoothie is banana flavored instead of mango flavored.
So last week after carefully arranging Paul’s blackened chicken salad with only lettuce, cheese, chicken and cucumbers, I offered him a leftover, unlabeled container of Caesar dressing (his favorite) from our Texas Roadhouse takeout. He commented that it smelled like Blue Cheese, but I assured him it was Caesar. I had already tried it and was sure those little lumps were Parmesan cheese.
You know what happened. He trustingly poured that dressing all over his salad, took one bite and ran to spit it out. It was indeed Blue Cheese, and I guess if you don’t like Blue Cheese, you really don’t like it. We couldn’t just trade salads because mine was full of more things Paul dislikes: bell peppers, tomatoes, feta cheese, broccoli and red onion. He had to make a brand new salad.
The moral of the story: don’t take my word on flavors. And I’d also recommend only using the labeled salad dressing bottles at my house. 🙂
On The Menu
- Salads with Blackened Chicken (recipe below)
- Aldi’s Mini Pizza Crust Kits (3 personal crusts & sauce that we top with cheese, pepperoni, olives, red onion and tomatoes)
- Blackened Chicken Salads
- Fish and Chips from the freezer section
- Mexican Shredded Chicken Tacos – I used roasted chicken breasts and made this on the stove top /Tossed Salads/Corn Saute’
- Easy Sausage Skillet/Caesar Salads
- Mom’s Beef Enchiladas/Chips and Guac
- Mozzarella and Meatball Bake from the Love Welcome Serve Cookbook/Garlic Green Beans
- Date Night at the CFA Curbside Pickup!
Happy Meal Planning!