A couple weeks ago I ended up with a huge package of deli pepperoni in my online grocery order. Since I hadn’t ordered it and wasn’t expecting to have 16 ounces of pepperoni on hand, I quickly rearranged my menu to use it up in the “7 days after opening” window.
I incorporated it into three different recipes – one for lunch and two for supper. Along with those dishes, I made one of Paul’s all time favorite recipes: chicken and dumplings. Between the pizza-heavy menu and the dumplings, he was pretty happy! 🙂
What’s the craziest substitute or extra item you’ve received in an online grocery order?
On The Menu
- Fancy Peanut Butter Strawberry Toast
- Chicken Sausage Links and Fruit
- French Bread Pizzas (Bread + Pizza Sauce + Pepperoni + Parm, under the broiler under cheese melts!)
- One Pot Cheesy Turkey Taco Chili Mac
- Meatball Flatbread Pizzas/Fruit
- Swiss Chicken Sliders/Summer Succotash
- Pizza Casserole/Caesar Salad
- Chicken and Dumplings/French Peas (I like to add a few peas in with my dumplings, too)
- Homemade Pizza/Tossed Salads
- Date Night
I hope you have a delicious week!