In case you weren’t aware, my husband’s favorite food is hot dogs. He could literally eat them twice a day every day and be totally happy. I thought it would be fun to turn our weekly date nights into something different for the summer so I put my own spin on a popular hashtag and came up with #HotDogSummer2021!
We’re on the hunt for the best hot dog in our area. I have a list of restaurants we want to try, both local and chain, and we’re working through them a week at a time. So far we’ve visited two restaurants!
You can follow along on Instagram – I’ve saved all the results in my highlights. If this sounds like something your family would enjoy, go for it! Maybe you don’t like hot dogs – but you could look for the best hamburger, ice cream, milk shake or something else that’s a quintessential summer food!
We also had some delicious meals at home last week. Here’s what was on the menu, including two of my new favorites from Rachael Ray 365: No Repeats – A Year of Deliciously Different Dinners. I made her baked quesadillas for my 4 year old nephews and they loved it!
On The Menu
- Bacon, Egg and Cheese Sandwiches on English Muffins
- Green Smoothies
- Hummus & Carrots, Apples & Peanut Butter, Thin Pretzels, Cheese Cubes
- BLT’s with Avocado and Pickled Red Onions
- Chicken Salad: Leftover roast chicken, walnuts, craisins, celery, mayo
- Mega Meatball Pizza*/Salad
- BBQ Pork Chops/Mac & Cheese/Southern Green Beans
- Roast Chicken/Mashed Potatoes/Salad
- Double Decker Baked Quesadillas* (I added ground turkey taco meat)/Mexican Rice/Corn Saute
- Spaghetti with Meat Sauce/Garlic Toast/Fruit
- Hot Dog Summer Stop #2
I hope you have a delicious week!