We’re in a busy time of year where we don’t have as many chances for sit-down suppers. I try to plan two “nice” meals with a meat and two sides for each week, and then keep it simple for the other days.
I’m thankful for the busy season and the blessings that come with it! Homemaking is a delicate balance of keeping things running steadily and being able to adjust to the needs of your household.
If meal planning is frustrating for you right now, take a second to evaluate the needs of your family. You might need to make a few tweaks to make things easier on yourself and better suited for them.
I also never say no to an offer for date night! No matter what I have planned on the menu, I can always push that to the next day. 🙂 Last week we enjoyed a date at one of my favorites in our downtown!
On The Menu
- Avocado Toast / Strawberries
- Naan Pizzas (Naan bread, marinara, turkey pepperoni, mozzarella – baked at 350 for 10 minutes)
- Chicken Noodle Soup/Salad/Rolls
- Super Sloppy Joes/Oven Fries/Salad
- Turkey Meatballs with Creamy Gravy/Egg Noodles/Peas
- Chicken Meatball Subs with Marinara/Fruit
- Supper Out
- YOYO (you’re on your own – we actually call this “fendy supper” because we fend for ourselves. Are we dorks or what?) 🙂