Summer is here with a vengeance! It’s been in the 90’s with crazy humidity the last week, and I’m doing my usual summer routine of trying to avoid it as much as possible.
I went for balance with this menu plan, giving myself 3 meals that were super simple and 3 meals that were a little bit elevated. Eating sandwiches all week just doesn’t appeal to me – even on a hot day I like a hot supper (with an ice cold beverage). Do you feel that way too?
Using my slow cooker or choosing main courses that need just a few minutes to heat up makes a big difference when it’s crazy hot outside.
Here’s what we ate last week!
On The Menu
- Yogurt and Granola
- My Favorite Green Smoothies
- Chicken Enchiladas from the freezer (I froze a few extra individual enchiladas the last time I made them. I let them thaw overnight in the fridge and then put them in the toaster oven at work for 10 minutes. Perfection!)
- Hot Dogs
- Quesadillas with Turkey Taco Meat/Watermelon
- Slow Cooker French Dip Roast Beef/Mashed Potatoes/Salads
- Lemony Shrimp Risotto/Peas
- Chicken Meatball Subs/Watermelon
- Steak/Baked Potatoes/Garlic Green Beans
- Supper Out
Here’s to staying cool and eating good food! 🙂