The bathroom could easily be considered a high-traffic area. It’s the one room that anyone who spends any time in your home will likely visit. That makes it an important area to keep organized! The area under the sink can be really tricky to organize – if for no other reason than the pipes that make shelving nearly impossible.
In my guest bathroom (pictured above), that cabinet is the room’s only storage option. Eventually I’d love to add a cabinet over the toilet, but I’m working with what I have for now. Here’s what I did to organize the space:
I’m such a fan of shelf paper – it makes a huge difference in a dark or ugly cabinet. I got this green pattern at the Dollar Tree. The back section of the cabinet holds:
- Extra shower curtain hooks
- Extra velcro rollers in a makeup pouch
- Toilet paper (a must in any bathroom. Don’t leave your guests – or family – stranded!)
- Wet cleaning rags hang on the nozzle until they dry
I placed three Dollar Tree bins in the front. Here’s what they hold:
- Hair dryer and styling tools – I dry my hair in this bathroom when we don’t have company so it doesn’t steam up my bathroom!
- Cleaning Supplies
- Hand towels and wash cloths – when we have company, I place extra bath towels in this basket as well.
The biggest key to an organized bathroom cabinet is containing like items in bins or containers. Otherwise, things could easily become a jumbled, nasty mess!
Check out these posts for more bathroom organization tips!