I love a good plate of nachos! I ordered nachos on my first date with Paul, but my love affair with chips and cheese goes back much farther than that.
I don’t love the price of Velveeta, though. Even a jar of Aldi brand cheese whiz seems a little high to me. Hence I’m always on the hunt for a way to make creamy nachos without the block of expensive cheese. Today I have yet another quick and wonderful nacho recipe to share with you! The secret to this one is a special taco seasoning!
Quick & Spicy Nachos
- 1/2 lb. ground beef or ground turkey (I also like to use imitation crab meat!)
- 1 packet Old El Paso Cheesy Taco Seasoning Mix
- 4 oz. cream cheese, cut into small pieces
- 1 1/2 C milk (can use more or less to suit your taste)
Brown meat, drain. Add taco seasoning and 1/2 cup of milk. Stir and let simmer for a few minutes. Add the cream cheese and stir until cheese has melted. Add remaining milk until the sauce reaches the desired consistency. The cheese sauce will thicken upon standing, so it’s a good idea to make it a little runnier than you normally would.
You can also add a can of Rotel tomatoes for added kick – be aware that the sauce might not need as much milk if you do.
On The Menu
- Eggs and Toast
- Turkey Sandwiches with Swiss Cheese
- Deli Sandwiches/Apples/Fruit Snacks/Pumpkin Oat Chocolate Chip Cookies (For Paul’s workday lunches)
- Quick Fix Sloppy Joes
- Baked Chicken/Scalloped Potatoes/Garlic Green Beans
- Tuscan Sausage Soup (I used bow-tie pasta instead of white beans)/Toasted French Bread/Applesauce
- Chicken and Dumplings/Peas
- Hearty Chicken and Noodle Casserole/Green Beans/Toasted French Bread/Applesauce
- Date Night
I’m also joining Southern Plate for Menu Plan Monday!