I usually try to plan mostly oven free meals this time of year. My kitchen gets all the afternoon and evening sunlight which is beautiful but is also hot. 🙂
This time, however, I don’t have a choice. Last Sunday morning we had a series of brief power outages that seem to have fried my oven. The stove works just fine, but the oven is dead. So while we wait on the repair company to return our calls (seriously, what is up with that!), I’m doing oven free meals!
It’s not been too challenging to come up with meal ideas and I’m grateful it’s at a time when I wasn’t planning on doing a lot of baking anyway!
On The Menu
- Peaches, Yogurt & Granola (possibly my favorite breakfast of all time)
- Honey Nut Cheerios & Peaches
- Hot Dogs
- Greek Salads: Lettuce, Chicken, Red Onion, Kalamata Olives, Feta, Tomatoes, Cucumbers and Greek Dressing
- BBQ Pork Roast in the Slow Cooker/Yellow Rice/Sauteed Zucchini
- Pork Bowls with leftover roast, yellow rice, lettuce, tomato, salsa, sour cream & avocado
- Monterrey Chicken: Cooked chicken filets (season with seasoning salt) in the skillet. Layered Honey Mustard, Chicken, BBQ Sauce, Bacon & Colby Jack Cheese in the skillet and covered with the lid on low until cheese melted./Mashed Potatoes/Salads
- Creamy Chicken Skillet/Fruit
- Sausage Skillet/Brown Rice/Garlic Green Beans
- Meatball Subs (I cooked frozen meatballs with marinara sauce in the slow cooker on low for 3 hours. I added cheese and served them on hot dog buns)/Watermelon
- Supper out for #HotDogSummer2021 🙂
I hope you have a delicious week!