Happy Monday! One thing I think we can all agree on is the rising price of food. Grocery prices are climbing and supply is shrinking. However, there’s no need to panic. There are plenty of ways to save money on groceries!
I’m making an effort to cut costs in this area, especially with the extra shopping I’m doing right now for the holidays. Click the image below for my best tips on saving money on groceries right now!
Menu planning is another great way to save money on groceries. Here’s what I served last week at my house – it was a delicious week!
On The Menu
- My Favorite Green Smoothies
- English Muffins with Peanut Butter
- Quesadillas from the freezer: I layer [tortilla + taco meat + cheese + tortilla] and wrap them individually in foil. These are labeled and stored in a freezer bag. I thaw individual quesadillas in the fridge between breakfast and lunch. They heat up beautifully in the toaster oven or at 350 for 10 minutes! You could also do chicken + BBQ sauce + cheese for a different flavor.
- Copycat Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup
- Paula Deen Pork Chops/Mashed Potatoes/Southern Green Beans
- Fiesta Lime Chicken/Mexican Rice/Fruit
- Nachos: tortilla chips, taco meat, cheese + plenty of toppings
- Spaghetti with Meat Sauce/Caesar Salad/Garlic Toast
- Bruschetta and Cheese Stuffed Chicken/Garden Salad
- Sloppy Cubanos/Oven Fries/Broccoli
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies – these are very easy to make and are just delicious!
I hope you have a delicious week!