This time of year I like to plan at least a couple meals into my menu that are super simple. This means they are inexpensive and they are easy. It helps my budget when I balance out the cost of holiday shopping and entertaining with meals like spaghetti and tacos.
Simple meals can still be delicious! I make tossed salads a little fancier with jarred banana peppers (from Dollar Tree) and serve tacos with homemade pickled red onion.
If you’re taking a meal to a friend or family member, the Chicken Noodle Casserole I shared below is perfect for that! It’s inexpensive and easy to make – I usually grab a rotisserie chicken to save time on that step.
And if you have a fridge full of Thanksgiving leftovers, there are several recipes in this menu that will help you use those up in fresh new ways!
On The Menu
- My Favorite Green Smoothies
- English Muffin Pizzas
- Chicken Stew: I freeze individual servings of this recipe and thaw them overnight in the fridge.
- Turkey Sandwiches with mayo, cranberry relish and apple slices.
- The Best Sunday Roast Beef Dinner/Mashed Potatoes/Peas
- Cheeseburger Tots/Salad: Romaine, Tomatoes, Banana Peppers, Parmesan Cheese, Caesar Dressing
- Tacos/Mexican Rice/Fruit
- Spaghetti with Ground Turkey/Salad (same as the one above)/Garlic Bread: Thick white bread, butter, parmesan cheese, garlic salt
- Turkey Noodle Casserole (this would be good with leftover turkey)
- Ham and Cheese Sliders (perfect for leftover ham and rolls)
I hope you have a delicious week!