It’s Christmas week! I’m so excited for all the fun things we have planned, including the delicious food we’re going to eat!
Because I’m working a couple days this week, I kept our regular meals really simple to give me time to prep ahead for the holiday meals. My family will be here on Tuesday night for supper before we head to a Christmas concert, and I’m making a few things for our Christmas Eve celebration as well!
What are you looking forward to making and/or eating this week?
On The Menu
- My Favorite Green Smoothies
- English Muffins with Peanut Butter
- Tomato Soup/Grilled Cheese
- Quesadillas with Taco Meat and Cheese
- Spaghetti/Salad/Garlic Cheese Biscuits
- Rotisserie Chicken/Four Cheese Risotto (like the one I shared here)/Broccoli
- Quick Beef Chili/Cornbread/Fruit
- BBQ Chicken Thighs/Mac and Cheese/Salad
- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup/Salad
- Pasta With Chicken Sausage
- Caesar Salad: Romaine, Pickled Red Onions, Parmesan Cheese, Croutons, Caesar Dressing (Aldi’s brand is our favorite!)
- Chocolate Pound Cake with Ganache, topped with whipped cream and crushed peppermint
- Pigs in a Blanket (Cocktail sausages wrapped in pizza dough or puff pastry and baked till golden. I recommend that you brush them with a mixture of melted butter and bagel seasoning before baking!)
- Pizza Dip
- Chocolate Chip Cookies – with festive sprinkles!
- Chocolate Candy Cane Cake
Christmas Brunch: Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole
These are the plans that I’ve made, but I’m also doing my best to keep my heart and hands open to accept whatever God allows. It’s easy to worry that someone will be sick or that our plans will be interrupted for some reason or another, and I find myself repeating these words to the Lord:
“I know, Lord, that our lives are not our own. We are not able to plan our own course.” (Jeremiah 10:23)
“Who would not fear you, O King of nations? That title belongs to you alone! Among all the wise people of the earth and in all the kingdoms of the world, there is no one like you.” (Jeremiah 10:7)
I’m not in control but I can place my hope in God – there is no one like Him! If you find yourself, like me, tending to worry about the plans for this week – I invite you to join me in meditating on the truth of God’s character and resting in His love.
I’l be back on Wednesday with one more post before Christmas. Have a delicious week!