This post contains affiliate links – I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links. ❤
When it’s hot outside, the last thing I want to do is heat up my house by turning on my oven. Here are 26 oven free meal ideas that you can use to keep your kitchen cool all summer long!
- Strawberry Peach Smoothies
- My Favorite Green Smoothie
- Decadent Blueberry Waffles
- Sweet and Crunchy Peanut Butter Berry Toast
- Avocado Toast
- No-Bake Granola Bars
- Fresh Fruit, Yogurt & Granola Parfaits
- Quesadillas: Taco Meat + Shredded Cheese on Tortillas
- Greek Salads: Lettuce, Rotisserie Chicken, Red Onion, Kalamata Olives, Feta, Tomatoes, Cucumbers and Greek Dressing
- Egg Salad Sandwiches/Watermelon and Cantaloupe
- Deluxe Chicken Salads (also great for supper!)
- Skillet Chicken Parm (I use Panko bread crumbs)/Caesar Salads
- Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches/Corn on the Cob
- Deconstructed Shepherd’s Pie: Leftover roast from French Dip Sandwiches, mashed potatoes and gravy/Peas
- Ham and Turkey Club Sandwiches/Corn on the Cob/Watermelon
- Cheese Ravioli with Marinara and Italian Sausage/Watermelon Salad with Feta
- BBQ Pork Roast in the Slow Cooker/Yellow Rice/Sauteed Zucchini
- Spanish Style Pork Bowls (you could use the leftover pork and/or rice from the recipe above!)
- Monterrey Chicken: Cook chicken filets (season with seasoning salt) in the skillet. Layer Honey Mustard, Chicken, BBQ Sauce, Bacon & Colby Jack Cheese in the skillet and cover with the lid on low until cheese melts./Mashed Potatoes/Salads
- Creamy Chicken Skillet/Fruit
- Sausage Skillet/Brown Rice/Garlic Green Beans
- Crab Cakes/Baked Potatoes/Caesar Salad
- Meatball Subs (Cook frozen meatballs with marinara sauce in the slow cooker on low for 3 hours. Add cheese and serve them on hot dog buns)/Watermelon
- Steak/Baked Potatoes/Salad
- Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad
- Slow Cooker Peach Cobbler: YUM. I add a pinch of salt to the topping mixture. This only needed two hours to cook in my crock pot. As recommended in the recipe, I line the lid with a paper towel to absorb the moisture.
- No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
If you’ve come to this post because your whole stove is out of commission, many of these recipes can be made using a combination of a slow cooker and an electric skillet.
Electric skillets are very inexpensive – here is a good option on Amazon.
I like to spend a little more on my slow cooker and get a digital one that switches to “warm” at the end of cooking time. Here’s a similar model to the one I have.
I don’t like to cook chicken in my slow cooker because I think it really alters the texture of the meat. The slow cooker works well for beef or pork roast, as long as I completely cover the meat with liquid (usually chicken or beef broth) while it’s cooking.
Here’s to staying cool and eating well all summer long!
4 thoughts on “26 Oven Free Meal Ideas | Keep Your Kitchen Cool”
Good suggestions!! I’m going to try to reduce my use of the oven this week during the hot daytime. Thanks for the list of suggestions!
Thanks! Your shrimp suggestion made a perfect supper for us this week!
Thank you for sharing!
I hope those recipes help you stay cool this summer! 🙂